User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Related articles
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase
- February 2024 News Summary
- Next developer fireside chat
- DDE31d released
- South-West Show 2024 Report
- Big NVMe news for the RISC OS at the South-West Show
- Saturday is South-West Show
- ROOL releases updated Git Beta
- ROOL website gets a bit of a makeover
- January 2024 News Summary
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
Acorn Arcade forums: News and features: Some exciting news from Cloverleaf

Some exciting news from Cloverleaf

Posted by Mark Stephens on 18:18, 23/5/2021 |

Stefan Frohling has been busy with his efforts to improve RISC OS. Here is his latest update....

We are happy to announce that Simon Wilson has committed himself once again to RISC OS and wants to work with us to create a Mesa 3D GPU driver for the RockChip RK3399. The RockChip RK3399 RISC OS port is part of our Kickstarter funding in cooperation with Andrew Rawnsley from RComp.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/riscos-cloverleaf/risc-os-built-the-future-os-for-your-powersaving-computer

Simon obtained extensive experience with GPU drivers while working for Qualcomm to port Android GPU drivers for the Snapdragon SOCs. Simon is also an experienced RISC OS programmer who implemented the IyonixMesa, PCI TV and SoundBlaster drivers.

We also plan to create a RISC OS module that makes the Mesa OpenGL API available to BBC BASIC and any other programmig language by SWI calls.

The result of Simon's work will be open source and we hope to make Mesa OpenGL available, with or without GPU support, for all RISC OS systems.
Our work will be based on the open source Panfrost Mesa driver and our work with be published by the MIT license.
Additionally, there is planned support for these APIs in our coming programming IDE !CodeCube.

This is a perfect example what we also want to achieve with our Cloverleaf RISC OS project. One of the goals is to motivate old and new RISC OS programmers to join and further the development of RISC OS.

Anyone who is into computer graphics is welcome to join the Mesa 3D project as there might be many supporting tasks where we could need some helping hands.

Just write me an email at http://www.riscoscloverleaf.com

Some exciting news from Cloverleaf
  Kevsoft (21:05 23/5/2021)
  flibble (14:52 25/5/2021)
    davidb (20:34 25/5/2021)

Kevin Wells Message #125129, posted by Kevsoft at 21:05, 23/5/2021
Looss like a promising start to their Kickstarter efforts.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Peter Howkins Message #125130, posted by flibble at 14:52, 25/5/2021, in reply to message #125129
flibble

"Anyone who is into computer graphics is welcome to join the Mesa 3D project as there might be many supporting tasks where we could need some helping hands."

Paid positions I assume?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

David Boddie Message #125131, posted by davidb at 20:34, 25/5/2021, in reply to message #125130
I sank enough time into porting Mesa on RISC OS in the late 1990s. It didn't pay then, and I'm sure it won't now, especially if the kind of supporting tasks I'm imagining have the same status that they do in the wider industry.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Acorn Arcade forums: News and features: Some exciting news from Cloverleaf