User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Related articles
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed
- Timerun from Amcog games released
- RISCOSbits updates FAST ROM
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:10 reviewed
- The Book of Draw Stuff reviewed
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:9 reviewed
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:8 reviewed
- Drag'n'Drop 13i1 edition reviewed
- CachesFS and Iris update from WROCC November meeting
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
Acorn Arcade forums: News and features: Archive Volume 25 Issue 6 reviewed

Archive Volume 25 Issue 6 reviewed

Posted by Mark Stephens on 08:23, 1/6/2022 |

Archive Volume 25, Issue 6 (that's April/May 2022) is now available (and you should have received if you are a subscriber).

The 56 page magazine kicks off with 8 pages of news (a good sign of the times in itself) and there is a really good selection of progamming articles in this edition (I am going to leave you some nice surprises to find).

As always, the magazine is a mixture of news, reviews, opinions, hints and tips, and tutorials with a link to the RISC OS world from a variety of regular and new contributors - I counted 12 names writing for this issue. The magazine is aimed at both retro users (indeed there is a retro column) and those seeking the latest experience (CloverLeaf's RISC OS distro gets a review). It's also agnostic towards other platforms, with a guide to running RPCemu of Linux and the regular PC and Mac column (which also looks at RPCEmu).

This is the last edition of the Volume and there are also some nice, thoughtful opinion/explanation pieces on the state of the RISC OS world and an update on what RISC OS Developments are up to.

Gavin is the first to note that his first year in the role has been a 'learning experience' (he definitely gets a gold star from me on both effort and achievement). But he is moving into his second Volume full of enthusiasm, ideas and a little more 'battle-experience'. I have already renewed my subscription and look foward to Volume 26...

You can sign up for a subscription, buy a copy or just learn more on the new look website and meet him in person at the shows.

Acorn Arcade forums: News and features: Archive Volume 25 Issue 6 reviewed