Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
- Will we see 5.30 released at Wakefield show? (News:1)
- Sine Nomine updates RiscOSM and Impact (News:)
- Netfetch version 5.55 released (News:)
- Prizes for Wakefield Show announced (News:)
- Heretic update from R-Comp (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 is next Saturday (News:)
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:2)
- Archive Edition 27:1 reviewed (News:)
- Rougol April 2024 meeting on monday is Anniversary time (News:1)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
Acorn Arcade forums: Site Comments: What about...

What about...
  Phlamethrower (18:28 16/11/2000)
  johnstlr (09:33 17/11/2000)

Jeffrey Lee Message #84047, posted by Phlamethrower at 18:28, 16/11/2000
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Adding a programming section to the forum?
People could exchange game ideas, sprite plotters, 3D engine snippets, effects, tutorials, etc.
Doing modern games is usually more than a 1-man job, so having some other people to work with is a great help.
I'm just starting to dip into c++ from working with BASIC/it's assembler, so am getting some utils together which could be useful.
Obviously adding file support to the forum would be needed, but getting people talking would be a start considering that Artex/VOTI seem to be the only people around doing anything worth watching at the moment.

So, how about it?

^[ Log in to reply ]

Lee Johnston Message #84048, posted by johnstlr at 09:33, 17/11/2000, in reply to message #84047
Seems reasonable to me but I've got what could be a better idea....

Either have a section on game programming (rather than just forum) OR take a trip over to the Iconbar and write something for the programming section there.

There's one for you Tim. Do you stick it on here because it's game related or do you stick it on the Iconbar to fatten it out a bit? cool

However if people are looking for resources like that then I heartily recommend www.flipcode.com - it's mostly 3D related (and PC DirectX and OpenGL) but the articles and tutorials are usually excellent. Certainly doing some RISC OS specific ones for AA or TIB would be good though.

Actually I do have some ideas...but I want to wait and see what Microdigitial have planned for the Omega in terms of an API for the Lightning card. Of course I need to find the time as well.

^[ Log in to reply ]

Acorn Arcade forums: Site Comments: What about...