Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Archive Edition 27:2 reviewed (News:)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:12)
- Rougol Talk May 2024 - Andy Vawer (News:)
- Rougol May 2024 meeting on monday with Andy Vawer (News:1)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i3 edition reviewed (News:1)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:5)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:2)
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:2)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
Acorn Arcade forums: Site Comments: Tim's (Unofficial) Official To-Do List

Tim's (Unofficial) Official To-Do List
  Phlamethrower (18:10 4/9/2001)
  tfountain (01:30 5/9/2001)
    rich (16:53 5/9/2001)
      Loris (16:33 5/4/2002)
        rich (18:06 5/4/2002)
          andreww (23:48 5/4/2002)
            SimonC (17:26 8/4/2002)
              Loris (15:51 16/4/2002)

Jeffrey Lee Message #84107, posted by Phlamethrower at 18:10, 4/9/2001
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

1. Change the smiley detection code to make sure there are spaces/full stops/commas/other likely characters either side of a smiley code, to stop things like 'a=(5*b+cool*10' getting mucked up

2. Fix the smiley code so that >unhappy works

3. Change the URL detection code so that underscores, &'s, #'s, etc. are put into the link

4. Fix the news item comment page so that the page title isn't 'Acorn Arcade -'. This also happens on some other pages, e.g. the Site, Staff and Reviews pages.

5. Fix the news item comment page so that you don't get messages like this: 'Posted by Rich at 10:17, 29th August 2001. .' - Note the double full stop.

6. Fix the AA-to-TIB/TIB-to-AA news item code so that you don't get lists like this:

* Big Ben Club show - first view of production Omegas?
* New telnet client, browser (updated)
* Studio24 Pro CD version
* Paul Vigay - Radio (etc.) Star
* Enigma Emulator for RISC OS!

7. Perhaps add an update news item option so that updates are placed in the item itself rather than on the comments page

8. Erm.... give me some more time smile

[update]

Oh yes, some of the problems affect other sites such as TIB and CC.

[Edited by Phlamethrower at 18:12, 4/9/2001]

^[ Log in to reply ]

Tim Fountain Message #84108, posted by tfountain at 01:30, 5/9/2001, in reply to message #84107
AA refugee
Lol, you know you've got too much on your plate when other people start writing to-do lists for you!

1. Change the smiley detection code to make sure there are spaces/full stops/commas/other likely characters either side of a smiley code, to stop things like 'a=(5*b+8)*10' getting mucked up

Hmmm, perhaps. But that would involve complicating the code rather. If you've got lots of ASCII sums etc. in your message just untick the smileys box?

2. Fix the smiley code so that >:( works

That's actually quite tricky to fix, however it's just occured to me that an easy way around it would be to simply change the code for that smiley to something else. So you can now use that smiley by typing :frown:.

3. Change the URL detection code so that underscores, &'s, #'s, etc. are put into the link

This was fixed a long time ago. Current version of the forum is 0.25. I guess I should really upgrade AA and TIB's...

4. Fix the news item comment page so that the page title isn't 'Acorn Arcade -'. This also happens on some other pages, e.g. the Site, Staff and Reviews pages.

Fixed, I think.

5. Fix the news item comment page so that you don't get messages like this: 'Posted by Rich at 10:17, 29th August 2001. .' - Note the double full stop.

That's a bit fiddley so I'm not going to attempt it at this time of the night.

6. Fix the AA-to-TIB/TIB-to-AA news item code so that you don't get lists like this:

That's a long-term bug in the news code that I simply can't explain, so can't fix.

7. Perhaps add an update news item option so that updates are placed in the item itself rather than on the comments page

The newsie can alter the news item to that format when he edits it if appropriate. In most cases a news item would be altered to correct an error, so I don't think we need a separate script for that.

^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #84109, posted by rich at 16:53, 5/9/2001, in reply to message #84108
Rich
Dictator for life
Does the news alter thing support HTML in the headline yet?

Also, the delete message thing in the forums isn't working on TIB smile

And I don't think we have the version that supports smileys in sigs.

^[ Log in to reply ]

Tony Haines Message #84110, posted by Loris at 16:33, 5/4/2002, in reply to message #84109
madbanHa ha, me mine, mwahahahaha
8. Fix the swear-word filter so it doesn't clip bits out of polite words.
spa**e
Sc***horpe
pa**e
Dickenson (uh-huh)
Babcock (uh-huh)
scrap (yep, theres another one..)

smile

^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #84111, posted by rich at 18:06, 5/4/2002, in reply to message #84110
Rich
Dictator for life
Why the hell would you want to use a word like Scunthorpe in polite company? wink

Anyway, the news from other site thing is fixed in case no-one noticed. The code was fine, it was the headline text file that's broken unhappy

^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #84112, posted by andreww at 23:48, 5/4/2002, in reply to message #84111
AA refugee
8. Fix the swear-word filter so it doesn't clip bits out of polite words.
spa**e
Sc***horpe
pa**e
Dickenson (uh-huh)
Babcock (uh-huh)
scrap (yep, theres another one..)
smile

Dickenson or Dickinson?

^[ Log in to reply ]

Simon Challands Message #84113, posted by SimonC at 17:26, 8/4/2002, in reply to message #84112
Elite
Right on, Commander!

Why the hell would you want to use a word like Sc***horpe in polite company? wink

Anyway, the news from other site thing is fixed in case no-one noticed. The code was fine, it was the headline text file that's broken unhappy

Pity the poor person who never spotted it, and got booted by some stupid language filter on an IRC quiz channel once.

^[ Log in to reply ]

Tony Haines Message #84114, posted by Loris at 15:51, 16/4/2002, in reply to message #84113
madbanHa ha, me mine, mwahahahaha
Pity more Ms Babcock, who was prevented from using some IRC-type service with her name. She eventually registered successfully under the alias 'Babpenis'.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Acorn Arcade forums: Site Comments: Tim's (Unofficial) Official To-Do List