User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:1)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:4)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:1)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50 (News:)
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released (News:)
- R-Comp reveals N.Ex.T Boxes - the successor to the i.MX6 (News:)
- RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024 (News:)
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
Acorn Arcade forums: Games: CPS1/2 Emulator?

CPS1/2 Emulator?
  Candyman (21:26 11/7/2001)
  fwibbler (20:25 12/7/2001)
    davidm (23:13 12/7/2001)

Candyman Message #86714, posted by Candyman at 21:26, 11/7/2001
AA refugee
I remember this being mentioned a while ago. Was it ever released or will it be released in future. I have loads of games for CPS1/2 which I can't play :-(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

fwibbler Message #86715, posted by fwibbler at 20:25, 12/7/2001, in reply to message #86714
fwibbler

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you :-(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

David McEwen Message #86716, posted by davidm at 23:13, 12/7/2001, in reply to message #86715
'twas me that mentioned it.

I've been providing emulators for RISC OS machines for over 5 years and am currently contemplating whether it is worth me doing so. I have been an Acorn user since... well lets say it was a single digit age :-) I have put alot of time & effort into providing them and haven't asked for any money even where versions on other platforms have.

It's getting to the point where programming interesting emulators (& other things) on RISC OS is becoming more of chore than a fun hobby. The lack of direction in the market is a major put off and the actions of a certain company have certainly not gone unnoticed. All the time the RISC OS market gets stuck in limbo other platforms get more and more appealing.

To answer your question... the emulator *may* occur if I feel so inclined. If my website reappears in the next week or two (www.acornemus.freeserve.co.uk) then the emulator will be released when SF2 works - note that CPS2 is only a possible future addition, as the games require more grunt than we currently have. BTW some CPS1 games work in the RISC OS build of MAME (www.elecslns.demon.co.uk) - and SF2 and Final Fight will be appearing on a GBA near you soon (FF is actually really good on the GBA). It's currently 50/50 whether I'll do more emulator stuff for RISC OS...

(if anyone can supply a copy of Radiant Silvergun for the Sega Saturn I'd be more willing to do more emulators RISC OS wink )

^[ Log in to reply ]

Acorn Arcade forums: Games: CPS1/2 Emulator?