Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Archive Edition 27:2 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i3 edition reviewed (News:1)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:5)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:2)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:2)
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:2)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50 (News:)
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
Acorn Arcade forums: Games: Command and Conquer-type games...

Command and Conquer-type games...
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

Max Palmer Message #84258, posted by Max at 18:58, 8/1/2002, in reply to message #84257
Hi,

I see.
You created a waterfall in Illusionist? Ths sounds clever. Is it animated?

Yes it is animated. The program is calle Illusion, and is a PC based particle animation program. Very nice it is too ;-)

You seem to have quite a powerful graphical a**enal!
Do you enjoy programming or drawing more? I'd say the latter although like you I like the idea of putting it all together into something animated and playable!

Andrew

Most of the time I prefer creating graphics to programming, but that's mainly because I get to do what I want to do when I'm doing the graphics. What I really would enjoy is creating graphical programs. I've also always quite wanted to do some work on a C&C type game, which is why TEK is so much fun to do.

Max

^[ Log in to reply ]

Max Palmer Message #84259, posted by Max at 19:02, 8/1/2002, in reply to message #84258
If you want to knock up a quick article about how you did things... smile

Funny how the swear word filtered out "a**enal" smile

I guess I could do that. Might wait until TEK is released first though.

If I don't get back to you then give me a prod sometime to remind me !

Cheers,

Max

^[ Log in to reply ]

Max Palmer Message #84260, posted by Max at 20:43, 10/1/2002, in reply to message #84259
Right, I've spoken to Jan and he has no objections to me doing an article on TEK's graphics for AA. Hopefully I'll put together something soon.

Cheers,

Max

^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #84261, posted by andreww at 16:39, 12/1/2002, in reply to message #84260
AA refugee
Right, I've spoken to Jan and he has no objections to me doing an article on TEK's graphics for AA. Hopefully I'll put together something soon.
Cheers,
Max

Here's something that I'm interested in, Max:
When you submitted graphics to the programmer, what form did they take? Vectors or rendered sprites (blank backgrounds or fully processed to fit in a pre-arranged map?)

Andrew

^[ Log in to reply ]

Max Palmer Message #84262, posted by Max at 22:34, 12/1/2002, in reply to message #84261
Cheers,
Max

Here's something that I'm interested in, Max:
When you submitted graphics to the programmer, what form did they take? Vectors or rendered sprites (blank backgrounds or fully processed to fit in a pre-arranged map?)

Andrew

I submitted most of the graphics as rendered sprites with masks, ready to plug into the level editor. Some needed a bit of work at the other end - but it should have been fairly minimal.

Cheers,

Max

PS. Should be in a position to send in the TEK graphics article tomorrow AM !

^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #84263, posted by mike at 14:52, 13/1/2002, in reply to message #84262
AA refugee
PS. Should be in a position to send in the TEK graphics article tomorrow AM !

Cool, I look forward to reading that. Will you include any screen shots?

Mike

^[ Log in to reply ]

Max Palmer Message #84264, posted by Max at 17:57, 13/1/2002, in reply to message #84263
<blockquote><font color="#667799">PS. Should be in a position to send in the TEK graphics article tomorrow AM !</blockquote></font>

Cool, I look forward to reading that. Will you include any screen shots?

Mike

Right I've now sent the article to Rich. There's only one partial (cropped) screen shot - i.e. from the game itself. However, I've included a few mock-ups of stuff that I use at my end to check how the graphics look (I haven't designed any levels). They're not screen shots as such but they're pretty close to what you can achieve in the game (excluding the fact that they don't have line of sight shading overlaid).

Hope you like the article. I'm always curious to know just how much demand there is for TEK and also what people think of what they've seen so far.

Regards,

Max

^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #84265, posted by rich at 13:48, 14/1/2002, in reply to message #84264
Rich
Dictator for life
The article's up, and can be found at:
http://www.acornarcade.com/features/misc/tekgraphics/
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Max Palmer Message #84266, posted by Max at 18:33, 14/1/2002, in reply to message #84265
The article's up, and can be found at:
http://www.acornarcade.com/features/misc/tekgraphics/

Thanks Rich.

Max

^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (3): |< < 3

Acorn Arcade forums: Games: Command and Conquer-type games...